Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Minespawn: Minecraft 1.3!

Minespawn is the go-to place for all the Minecraft user-made goodies. Great Texture Packs? Amazing Servers? Spectacular Mods? Every week, one of these things will be featured here so you can keep your Minecraft toys stocked up with the latest fun.

So Minecraft 1.3 came out a little while ago, and we are going to talk about it here! I will talk about some of the major updates and my opinions on them!

But first of all, welcome to Minespawn! I plan to be posting on here much more! This is the only place I haven't ventured to yet. 

So let's get started. This is going to seem really stupid, but I just really do not enjoy the new look of gravel. I think it looks a little bit cartoon-ish compared to the rest of the game. I know that sounds silly because the game is made up of cubes, but it just doesn't jive with me. What I really enjoy is the new stars. Look up. They're smaller. And brighter. They twinkle now.

Now some important things. You can now publish your single-player to LAN which I think is really nice. That removes the hassle of having to set up a server which is really nice, trust me. You have to have a lot of crap and bulk to set up a server, even with things like Hamachi, but now me and my brother can play together. Makes things nice.

New single-player cheats: I tried out the bonus chest. I really like it a lot. I won't use it very often though. I like to start out from the beginning like everyone else. But that's just me. I think it will be very useful for first time players. Because it would also help them just figure things out. The command option on single-player however I will be using some. I cannot tell you guys how many times I've wanted to use /kill because I was lost and there was no water or any high cliffs I could finish myself off with. XP doesn't mean much to me. But I like to make it rain :)

Adventure mode: While I do believe that the original game is awesome, having a whole adventure all planned out and made is pretty awesome. I was never good at RPG's so adventure maps will cause quite a lot of trouble for me though. I also think many people are going to enjoy it. But the only adventure map I think I'd play would be the Shadow of Israphel map seen on BlueXephos, aka Yogscast. 

Emerald and village trading: I'm not really into trading to be honest. Yeah, it gets you valuable stuff that you wouldn't usually be able to get anyway but I think the fun part about finding a village is to look throughout every single house to try to find one chest and then test your luck. It's like going to an abandoned mine. You really just have to get lucky, and that's what was fun about villages.

Tripwires: Ask Logic Box. I'm really terrible at making the cool complicated stuff. I wouldn't be able to work it. So ask him. He's better at that stuff than me.

Creative mode: OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG THANK YOU NOTCH. By creative mode I mean the new organized search function when you need things. The categories are so much easier to navigate and I'm really happy about all the improvements there. Thanks Notch.

Cliffs and temples: All I'm going to say, is that I'm tired of r/Minecraft full of cliffs. We get it. They're nice cliffs. I found a temple right when I made my 1.3 world. Seed is: -6607456542394611250  

Herobrine: I know I'm going to sound like a conspirator. But I don't think Herobrine was removed. I think he is still roaming around, doing his little Herobrine thing. What do you think about Herobrine? Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.

And there were some other things as well. But if you would like the full list click here to see it. 

But those are my thoughts. What are yours? Are you going to start playing Minecraft? There's a demo  mode now for free! Good mining to all of you.

-Rachael The Ginger

1 comment:

  1. As far as Herobrine goes, I'm sure data-miners would have confirmed his existence by now :)

    Although I'm not sure if there are MC data miners...

    ReplyDelete